miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2011

Lisboa, Portugal


Lisboa 3/25 – 3/27
3.25.2011
With ISA (the program I’m studying with), we left Lisboa on Friday at 8:00 am. Got there at around 3pm (it’s really only a 4 hour drive by car). Then we wined and dined… well, without the wine part. So we basically dined and dined because the food in Portugal is absolutely delicious and cheap. So is the coffee. It’s actually really similar to what I’m used to eating.

Later that day we did a tour of The Castle of St. Jorge. It was nice, short, and sweet. We actually got kicked out of there because we were standing on pillars… ya, not a very smart idea.


The night life in Lisboa is too much for me. We went out, and they had cover charges and everything… good music, but I guess I’m just not that intense.

3.26.2011 Saturday
I got decent sleep for once J… 5 hours
We did 2 tours at 10 am. One of the this lighthouse battle view, and the other of a cathedral... one of the more unique cathedrals I've seen yet. and by 2:30 pm we had the rest of the day to ourselves. So we went to the aquarium… which was quite amazing. It’s always so cool when you go to stuff like the zoo, sea world, or aquariums so you remember how it’s some of the smaller things that make you pause in ‘aw.’






Next we went to the mall, don’t remember the name, but supposively it’s the second biggest in Europe. It’s cool, but I’ve seen better in America. Not my top suggestion.
If you have time, go to the beach if the weather is nice. That’s really where I wanted to go, but the weather wasn’t having it.
note.. my camera died on me :(



That night I was out with some friends at a club called Urban Beach. It’s kind of funny how we got in. At first, we went as a big group of Americans, then they asked us how many, we said 7… then they said it was exclusive… as in they were lying. So I went a further back in the line were some of my other friends were. There were 3 Portuguese girls there and we asked them if they could say we were with them, in which they did and we got it. Oh ya, and Portuguese people are sooo nice too. It’s pretty awesome.
For once in my life I stayed out later than I ever would. I ended up going back to the hotel with my friends and we saw the sun rise from a tall window on the 11th floor. Great way to end the trip.
3.27.2011 Sunday
With only 50 minutes of sleep… I woke up and got on the bus. The weird thing is that I wasn’t very exhausted either. I had enough energy to read, which is odd in itself. Eventually, I passed out in my seat, and eventually arrived back home.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario