jueves, 24 de marzo de 2011

Marbella, Espana


Marbella 3.18.2011 – 3.20.2011
the sunset of Marbella







Getting there Friday 3.18. 2011
I was headed for paradise Monday morning… something in which I had no idea was headed my way. Instead of taking a bus to Marbella, 3 other friends and I rented a car and drove there. If anyone wants to travel in a group of 4 or 5 in Spain… I highly recommend renting a car if someone in the group can drive stick. It was an adventure in itself just to drive through the curved mountains of Spain, stop at any monument that caught our eye, eat when wanted to, and just to have the good ol' fashioned road trip.

I went there with Maria, Robby, and Ryan. A great traveling group because everyone was so relaxed, and  up for anything. When we arrived in Marbella, we rolled up to our Mansion, and met up with our other 13 friends there.

the mansion

Our view... you can see the Mediterranean

A little about Marbella, it’s on the Costa del Sol, a bit outside of Malaga. It lies along the Mediterranean Sea, and it is more less where the rich/ famous people go. On Friday alone I saw two different Aston Martins, a Mazaradi, Ferrari, and Lamborghini… Definitely a glamorous place. Also, the beach is right off the mountains… Natural Beauty





So when there, we made our way to the beach. Relaxed, baked in the sun, saw time pass by, kicked some soccer balls, and volleyed some volleyball. I personally have fascinations of running along the beach, I don’t know why, but that’s my thing, I like to find a distance miles and miles in front and run to it. So I ran, and it took a lot longer than predicted. The cool thing was that I got to run while the sun set. When I headed back though, I couldn’t remember what beach I was in, or how far I was. After trying to figure it out for an hour, I finally got home. It’s always kind of fun, but a little scary, being lost in a place you are not familiar with. Nothing compares to the time I got lost in Mexico when visiting Phil though, so it was all good.
Friday night, there was a bunch of us in a house. Enough said… just pretty crazy.

our friend we met


Saturday 3.19.2011
I woke up and ran to the mountains along the beach. Best way to start the day.
Later I just literally chilled with my friends on the beach ALL day. I mean, alllll day. It seems quite uneventful and bland when written on a blog, but it just felt right is all I can say.
For dinner, I cooked some friends my favorite pasta dish… rutini with cheese- filled pasta, with three meats: beef, chicken, and sausage.. along with the onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and of course, Garlic. That was a beasty meal.
every group had their own cook... this saved a lot of $$$$


The night got crazy once again… kind of felt like Reality TV


Sunday 3.20.2011
Just took a bus back early morning. Great trip in Marbella!

Me, Maria, Ryan, & Robby (team Hyundai)

All in all, I definitely recommend a trip to Costa del Sol... whether it be Malaga, Marbella, or so on. Just one more beautiful thing Andalucia has to offer

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario