viernes, 29 de abril de 2011

Liria Spain National Baha'i Youth Conference


Liria 4.21.2011 – 4.24. 2011
So as some of y’all might know, I’m a Baha’i. Though a relatively smaller religion, there are Baha’is in every corner of the world. For the last part of my Semana Santa, I went to Liria, which is a town outside of Valencia for a gathering of all the Baha’i Youth from Spain. There were people from Islas Canarias, Pallorca, Pais Vasco, Barcelona… everywhere. It was really fun comparing accents (of which I still understand Sevillans the least) and simply speaking in Spanish for 3 days in a row non- stop.

In this gathering, we studied many present day writings and we talked about what youth can do in this world to make a difference… it was one of those things that I feel really helps when putting things into perspective. It makes you analyze what you have, what you’re doing, and what you should do.

But to say the least, it was a lot of fun. There was a lot of music, singing, skits etc… It was also cool how their Baha’i Center had living accommodations. They basically had hostal- like rooms for people to sleep in.

I met a lot of great people. I hope to see them one day in the future.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario